Sunday, January 8, 2012

Trying to jail break my ipod touch 2g?

ive upgraded the firmware to 4.2.1 and its a MB model. Im running Windows 7 and everything is upgraded. Ive downloaded redsn0w win 0.9.6rc8 and the iPod2,1_4.2.1_8C148_Restore file that apparently is supposed to contain the IPSW file that I need, but when I open RedSnow and hit browse, theres nothing that the computer recongnizes as that file. Im at my wits end. Ive looked at 23454235 different websites and can not get past this step. Im sure im so fustrated at this point im looking right past it. I read that I need the previous version of redsnow that supports the new 4.2.1 firmware as the new one doesnt. What I want in the end is Cydia on my ipod 2g so I can download the mQuickdo app, or as its called now Quickdo, because my home on doesnt work (ive replaced the screen and bezel, and the contacts do not line up. Thinking i was sent the wrong bezel), but stil either way, I want this app. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Is there a website with step by step directions, that have the right links to the downloads I need, and will tell me what I need to do. Most sites seem cut and paste and all the graphics and ads thrown me off. I need a drink and a cig. Im sure its not this hard..... Anyone who can help will be elevated to a demi-god in my book... Thanks!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment