Tuesday, January 10, 2012

My aunt's friend died at 58 and she was vegan?

She died suddenly with no warning, symptoms, no previous illness, just died and the doctors don't know how. She was a raw vegan. My family knows that I am a vegetarian trying to become vegan and they think I will end up with the same fate. They feel extremely convinced that her death was diet related, because they always say "Oh, vegetarians and vegans don't get much protein; they're going to whither away and die". She's been a vegan for many years before. I think their claim is uneducated and misguided. I feel convinced that having a vegan diet if done properly is extremely healthy, but they [my family] think I'm crazy about my beleifs. What should I tell my family? How can I convince them that vegans and vegetarians don't whither away and die, instead thrive?

No comments:

Post a Comment